Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birthday Cupcake

Happy Thursday!  The week is just flying by for me!  Can you believe that there's just a week left until Thanksgiving?  Where has the year gone!

This card is for my dad.  I always struggle with making masculine cards, as I tend to buy the "pretty" sets. :)  I couldn't refrain myself from using ribbon though!




I did some light watercoloring on the image, using my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and Aqua Painter.  I LOVE having all 48 colors and neutrals in the crayons.. you can easily pick up some color from the end of the crayon (bottom end so you don't mess with the point of the crayon).  You can also scribble a little bit on a stamp set case and use that as a palette, or even color directly on the image and blend it with your Aqua Painter or Blender Pen - as I did with the balloon.  The colors I used for the cupcake and balloon were Old Olive (candle), Pumpkin Pie & Summer Sun (candle flame), and Not Quite Navy (balloon).  The sprinkles were watercolored with Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Not Quite Navy.  Sahara Sand and Going Gray make for a perfect shadow below the cupcake, whose liner was paper pieced with The Write Stuff Specialty Designer Series Paper.  This DSP was also used for the horizontal strip, and the pack additionally includes fun cardstock-weight die-cuts.  Our watercolor paper is wonderfully thick, and works fabulously for watercoloring!  I don't show it in the photo (forgot to add it in), but I used the coordinating Cupcakes wheel and VersaMark on a Kraft envelope to match the card.

Birthday Cupcake card:  Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set; Jet Black StazOn; Kraft cardstock; Soft Suede and Crushed Curry textured cardstock; Watercolor Paper; The Write Stuff Specialty Designer Series Paper; Neutrals and Earth Elements Watercolor Wonder Crayons; Signo White Gel Pen; Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Great card, Melissa - love the sketch and your watercoloring is gorgeous. I'm checking in on you now!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!