Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Honest Scrap Award, scrapped

Hi there!

Those of you who know me, know that I don't actually scrapbook much.  I originally started out by scrapbooking, and I intend to do a lot more scrapping in the future.  When I was first brainstorming for the Honest Scrap Award that Lora had given me the other day, I wanted to make a page about these little truths.  I thought it'd make a great page, and I normally have trouble scrapping myself!  I didn't have a chance to make a page at the time though, so I had gone ahead and posted just the list.

Anyway, I used this week's sketch challenge over at the Memory Makers Magazine forum.  The sketch is originally one of Becky Fleck's PageMaps.  Here's my layout..



I flipped the sketch sideways to accommodate my picture.  I didn't actually do any stamping on this, I'm just realizing.  It is, as always though, all SU! stuff!  I love how my journaling "page" turned out.. can you guess that I made that?  Yes, I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock, drew horizontal lines with my Old Olive marker, then drew vertical lines with my Rose Red marker.  Perfect coordination!  I used the Spiral punch to finish off the edges, and curled up the ends a little with the bone folder.  The cute little Old Olive clip just adds so much more to it as well.

Here's a close-up of the journaling (keep in mind I don't normally reveal these things about me!):



These are the same things I listed in my Honest Scrap Award post.  Next, I have a view of the right side, to show you the dimension:




I just love that butterfly die!  You can give it a really great finished look by tying some Linen Thread around to create a body.  The letters were created using the Simple Letters Bigz dies, cut with both Chocolate Chip cardstock and our chipboard.

Have a great night!  I'm off to bed!

Scrapbook page supplies:  Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock; Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad; Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler; Rose Red and Old Olive Stampin' Write markers; Rose Red 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon; Whisper White organza ribbon; Linen Thread; Old Olive 1/2" Library Clip; Sweet Pea Stitched Felt; Scallop Trim Corner and Border punches; Spiral punch; Beautiful Wings Embosslits die; Little Leaves Sizzlits die; Simple Letters Bigz dies

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Great take on the sketch and love your homemade journaling page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool Melissa! You have a style all your own, and it is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your page Melissa!! Can't believe you got that done already!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!