Tuesday, November 2, 2010

An elegant wedding card

Hi!

One of my favorite new sentiment stamp sets is Occasional Quotes, which is a Level 3 Hostess set.  You can earn it for free with a qualifying workshop... or, if you were a demonstrator, you could have pre-ordered it in June (LOVE that perk)!  Just keep that last part in mind, because think of what kinds of goodies SU! will have next catalog, and you could always join my team...  :)

Anyway, so back to the sentiments!  This one goes very well with the images from the Artistic Etchings stamp set...


Let me tell you how much I adore that Music Notes wheel.. I'm sure you're tired of hearing about that!  If you don't have it... well, why not??  It makes the perfect background, as you can see here.  And if you use stamp wheels, you'll definitely want to use them with the Stampin' Around Wheel Guide, which will make your wheeling life so much easier. :)

I stamped the Eiffel Tower with VersaMark, then heat embossed with Black Stampin' Emboss powder, then stamped the rest as you can see above.  The bow is a little different than usual - I've seen around here and there little doubled bows, and wanted to try it out, too.  I created mine here by tying a bow in the Very Vanilla Seam Binding, then taking another piece and tying another bow around that one, then finished it off with an Antique Brad.  Pretty, eh?  And perfect for a wedding card.

My ruffle was created by punching a strip of Sweet & Sour Specialty Designer Series Paper (it has beautiful glossy accents) with the Scallop Edge punch, then folding it here and there to create random ruffles before adhering it to the card.  The rhinestones create the perfect finish there at the top!

Thanks for stopping by!  I have something special planned for tomorrow, so be sure to come back and see!  :)

Wedding card supplies:
Stamps:  Occasional Quotes, Artistic Etchings
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Rose Red Classic Stampin' Pad, VersaMark ink
Paper:  Basic Black, Naturals Ivory, Very Vanilla, and Old Olive cardstock, Love Letter Designer Series Paper, Sweet & Sour Specialty Designer Series paper
Accessories/Tools:  Music Notes Wheel, Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Antique Brad, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Black Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin' Around Wheel Guide, Scallop Edge Punch

3 comments:

  1. Love those colors, Melissa, with the black. The bling really sets it all off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ruffle and especially the double bow! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do need to use my music wheel notes more! I think it's just perfect for everything!
    Love the card Melissa. It's so elegant...and with just a perfect touch of color to it.
    Have I ever told you how jealous I am of your skills?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!